Relieve stress and get a natural energy boost
Struggling with energy levels during Lockdown 3.0? It's the little things that can make a big difference in winter.
Here are seven simple Micro Pauses designed to beat the winter blues and give you a natural energy boost:
1. Take a Vitamin D supplement, it's like sunshine in a bottle. Most GP's will run a Vitamin D test if you want to check your levels first, but as Vitamin D comes from sunshine and the body can only store it for 3 months and given how gloomy it is, people in the Northern Hemisphere will be running low now.
2. Keep the lower part of your body warm. The Kidney Meridian starts underneath your small toe and runs through your legs through the kidneys and into the upper body. In traditional Chinese Medicine the kidneys are source of our natural energy. Wear thick socks, slippers and even cover your legs with a blanket (#WFH benefits!) to protect your vital kidney energy. Keep your lower back covered and warm and use a hot water bottle behind you in your chair to keep your kidneys and adrenal glands feeling nourished.
3. Look at the sky before a screen. Each morning make contact with nature, yes it can be bracing out there right now but that will feel invigorating! Even if you have commitments that mean you can't get out for a morning walk, open the door or window and feel the fresh air on your face first thing. Breathe deeply...
4. Take a daily tincture made from fresh herbs such as St John’s Wort, Siberian Ginseng or Ashwagandha, available pre-mixed in the UK from Fushi (Seek advice before taking if pregnant).
5. Essential oils - diffuse high-quality essential oils (I like Doterra) such as lemon, lime, orange, bergamot, peppermint or cinnamon to boost your mood and leave you feeling happier and more positive. (If you're pregnant check suitability of oils first).
6. Eat leafy greens, nuts, seeds and legumes to naturally increase magnesium levels. Other vitamins to keep topped up are Vitamin B which nourishes the nervous system and provides energy, and Vitamin C which strengthens the immune system and the adrenal glands.
7. It's natural to need more sleep during Winter, it's hibernation time! Create a rhythm that supports you to stay in tune with Nature by going to bed earlier or sleeping in later.
What's your Pause Score? Take the free test and find out in 2 minutes: https://pause.scoreapp.com